How To Setup USB Printer From HP To Your Windows 10/8/7/Vista 32/64 Bit – Set up your HP printer for a USB cable connection to a Windows computer. To get the most supported features from a USB connected printer, install the full feature HP driver.
Step 1: Prepare for the printer setup
Check requirements and delete any previous installed printer versions from Windows to prepare for the USB connection setup and driver installation.
- Confirm the following requirements and items before you begin:
- The printer is turned on and in a ready state.
- Obtain a USB cable less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- There is an available USB port on your computer: If you connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not receive enough power to properly operate.
- If you connected the USB cable to the computer before installing the
- HP driver, continue with these steps to remove the printer from the installed devices to help ensure a successful setup. Otherwise skip to the next step to install the driver.
- Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer. Do not reconnect the cable until prompted during the driver installation step.
- Search Windows for ‘devices’, and then click the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.
- Right-click the icon for your printer model, and then click Remove device. If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.
- Close the Devices and Printers window, and then continue to the next step.
Step 2: Install the driver and set up the connection
Download and install the best available print driver to complete the USB connection.
- Go to 123.hp.com, enter your printer model, and then follow the onscreen instructions to download your driver. Depending on your printer model, the guided driver installation app HP Easy Start might download.
- If a driver or HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen instructions to open the download file to start the setup. When prompted to choose a connection type, select USB. You do not need to complete the remaining steps in this section if the setup is successful.
- If the download fails or your printer is not listed on 123.hp.com, continue with these steps to install a driver from the HP website.
- Go to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads, enter your printer model, if prompted, and then confirm the operating system version is correct.
- If a Let’s identify your product to get started page displays, click Printer, type your printer model number, and then click Submit.
- The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system selected.
- If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.
- Under the Driver heading, click Download for the full software package, or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
- When prompted by the installer to choose a printer connection option, select USB to continue with and complete the setup.
- Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your printer functionality.
Source : https://support.hp.com/